Elden Ring Smithing Stones Introduction
Are you looking to purchase Smithing Stones in Elden Ring? Smithing Stones are among the most crucial things in Elden Ring since they permit you to upgrade your weapon.
Upgrades to weapons will significantly enhance your weapon and are more crucial than just getting better in the beginning, So you’ll depend on Smithing Stones to beat bosses throughout all the Lands Between.
This article will go over the distinctions between Smithing Stones and Somber Smithing Stones and explain where you can locate the latter.
We’ll also provide information on the best ways to purchase Smithing Stones and the best places to harvest to ensure you’ve always got enough on your shelves.
Through this guide, we’ll discuss a variety of NPCs and locations which you may not have encountered. If you’d like a deeper exploration of the principal areas in Elden Ring,
follow our main quest walkthrough for a simple guide to The Lands Between. If you’re looking to learn more about the many NPCs you meet, look up the Elden Ring sidequest guide.
You May Also Like To Check:
- JPMorgan Chase Headquarters Address
- Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel best decks
- Verizon Wireless Headquarters Address
- Google Headquarters Phone Number
- Nordstrom Headquarters Phone Number
Elden Ring Smithing Stones
The regular Smithing Stones in Elden Ring come in various tiers ranging from one to eight. Each level of Smithing Stone will upgrade your weapons to a specific level.
For example, the Tier 1 Smithing Stones can increase a weapon’s power by +0- +3, while the Tier 8 Smithing Stones will upgrade the weapon from +21 up to +24.
The majority of weapons are limited to +25 and require the use of an Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
Certain weapons and legendary weapons require sombre Smithing Stones, which we’ll be discussing later in this article.
It is possible to upgrade standard weapons to a certain level by using an anvil located in the Church of Ellen, but you’ll need to go to an actual blacksmith to make further upgrades to weapons.
Two blacksmiths are available within Elden Ring: Smithing Master Hewing, located inside the Roundtable Hold, and Smithing Master Iji.
located South of Caria Manor near the Kingsrealm Ruins. Be aware that Iji is moving into his new home in the Three Sisters upon starting Ranni’s questline in Elden Ring, but he can still enhance your arsenal.
What is the best way to purchase Smithing Stones: Bell Bearing locations
You’ll find Smithing-Stone Miner’s ball bearings as you move through Elden Ring. You can donate these items in exchange for the twin maiden husks within the Roundtable Hold.
allowing you to buy Smithing Stones. We’ll tell you how to obtain each Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing in the following paragraphs:
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s bell Bearing (1): Allows the purchase of Smithing Stones (1) & (2). It is obtained by defeating one of the Crystalian leaders at the Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel.
- Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell (2): This allows you to buy Smithing Stones (3) & (4). Found in the Sealed Tunnel, on the Capital Outskirts in the Altus Plateau.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s bell Bearing (3): Allows the purchase of Smithing Stones (5) & (6). The cellar is in the Zamor Ruins, located in the Mountaintops of the Giants region.
- Smithing Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (4): This allows you to buy Smithing Stones (7) & (8). This is gained by defeating one of the Godskin Duo’s main bosses in Crumbling Farum Azula.
The table below outlines the price for the Smithing Stone at the Twin-Maiden Husks, as well as the improvements you’ll receive at each level:
TierPrice in RunesWeapon upgrade level
Smithing Stone (1) 200 +3
Smithing Stone (2) 400 +6
Smithing Stone (3) 600 +9
Smithing Stone (4) 900 +12
Smithing Stone (5) 1200 +15
Smithing Stone (6) 1500 +18
Smithing Stone (7) 2400 +21
Smithing Stone (8) 3600 +24
Smithing Stone farming locations
There are ordinary Smithing Stones in various mining caves across The Lands Between. These Smithing Stones found on the walls of these caves won’t be able to respawn.
However, those dropped by enemies are endless, which means you can harvest Smithing Stones in Elden Ring.
Since enemies who deliver Smithing Stones can respawn, you can harvest Smithing Stones if you know where you can go. Below, we’ll provide a list of places you can farm Smithing Stones in Elden Ring:
- Smithing Stones (1) and (2): Dropped by miners in Limgrave Tunnels, located along the Northern edge of Agheel Lake in Limgrave.
- Smithing Stones (3) and (4): Dropped by soldiers and Miners in Gael Tunnel, the connection between Limgrave and Caelid.
- Smithing Stone (5) dropped from the hands of Imps within the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds under Lyndell, Royal Capital.
- Smithing Stone (6) & (8): Dropped by Miners in the Yelough Anix Tunnel, Consecrated Snowfield.
- Smithing Stone (7): Dropped by Haligtree Soldiers at Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree.
Smithing Stones (5) and above are scarce. However, you can boost the chances of getting these stones by increasing your Arcane stat or using the Silver-Pickled Fowl foot item.
To obtain Smithing Stone (6) and above, you’ll need to be able to reach that Consecrated Snowfield. Learn how to access this area with our tutorial for locating and beating the Melania blade of miquella.
Elden Ring Somber Smithing Stones
The Somber Smithing Stones allow you to upgrade certain weapons, which we’ve already mentioned.
They are typically the most potent weapons available in Elden Ring, and, therefore, you’ll need plenty of Somber Smithing Stones if you wish to take on the toughest one of Elden Ring’s most difficult bosses.
Sombre Smithing Stones work differently than regular ones, and sad Stones range from levels 1 to 9. These Sombersmithing Stones (1) can upgrade your unique armaments up to +1.
Sombersmithing Stones (2) increase to +2 and on to +9. Unique armaments are limited to +10 and require a Somber ancient Dragonsmithing Stone.
What is the best way to purchase Somber Smithing Stones: Bell Bearing locations
Although Somber Smithing Stones are rarer, you can still purchase these stones using Bell Bearings. You’ll need to locate the Somberstone Mining Company’s Bell Bearings, which we’ll discuss in the following sections:
- The Tombstone Miner’s Bearing (1): It allows you to acquire Somber Smithing Stones (1) (2) and (2). It is obtained by defeating one of the Fallingstar Beast in Sellia Crystal Tunnel, Caelid.
- Tombstone Mining Bell Bearing (2): allows you to buy Somber Smithing Stones (3) and (4). This is gained by defeating Crystalian bosses at the bottom of the Altus Tunnel in the Altus Plateau.
- The Tombstone Miner’s Bearing (3): This allows you to buy Somber Smithing Stones (5) and (6). It is located in the First Church of Marika, situated at the Southern border of Freezing Lake in the Mountaintops of the Giants region.
- The Tombstone Miner’s Bearing (4): It allows you to buy Somber Smithing Stones (7) and (8). The location is on the Tempest-Facing Balcony located in Crumbling Farum Azula.
- Tombstone Miner’s Bell Bearing (5) allows you to acquire Somber Smithing Stone (9). Also, it is located inside Crumbling Farum Azula, in a structure below Beside The Great Bridge Site of Grace.
Below, you will find the cost of each Somber Smithing Stone at the Twin-Maiden Husks and the upgrade that can be obtained through every Somber Smithing Stone tier:
TierPrice in RunesWeapon upgrade level
Sombre Smithing Stone (1) 2000 +1
Sombre Smithing Stone (2) 3000 +2
Sombre Smithing Stone (3) 4000 +3
Sombre Smithing Stone (4) 6000 +4
Sombre Smithing Stone (5) 9000 +5
Sombre Smithing Stone (6) 12000 +6
Sombre Smithing Stone (7) 16000 +7
Sombre Smithing Stone (8) 20000 +8
Sombre Smithing Stone (9) 25000 +9
The Somber Smithing Stone farming locations
As with the normal Smithing Stone Bell Bearings, Somberstone versions are also available. Tombstone models are typically located in areas late in the game.
you may require Somber Smithing Stones earlier in your journey. However, even though they’re not often dropped, you can collect or farm some of the less-level Somber Smithing Stones earlier in the game.
Below, we’ll discuss the best places you can farm Somber Smithing Stones in Elden Ring:
- Sombre Smithing Stones (1) and (2): This isn’t a farming method, as you don’t have to kill anything. However, you can buy infinite Somber Smithing Stones (1) (1) and (2) from the Smithing Master Iji in The Kingsrealm Ruins.
- Sombre Smithing Stones (3), (4) as well as (5): Rarely dropped by Glintstone Miners in Sellia Crystal Tunnel, which is a mine located in the northwest of Sellia, Town of Sorcery.
It is not possible to find sombre smithing stones (6) and over at the moment, but they are available in loot areas of the late game.
If you’re looking to acquire an unlimited amount, you’ll have to locate the Somberstone Mining’s Bell Bearings, as mentioned above.
Elden Ring Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones
Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones are the top-tier Smithing Stone, allowing you to upgrade your weapon to +25.
Sombre Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones also permit you to upgrade specific weapons to +10, the top level for legendary and exclusive weapons.
Because they are among the top Smithing Stones in Elden Ring, They are extremely scarce and hard to come by.
Therefore, you must be very careful with the weapons you decide to upgrade. When you’re done with upgrades.
you’ll need to begin the game again New Game+ to continue improving weapons until they reach the maximum level.
Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone locations
Below, we’ll provide the locations where you can find the 13 stones. Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in Elden Ring:
- I am completing Nepheli Loux’s companion quest to get the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone as the reward.
- After you’ve completed Nepheli’s quest, talk to Nepheli’s Gatekeeper. Stormveil Castle Gatekeeper who will offer to you the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Follow the quest of Sorceress Sellen and then decide the option of killing her in conclusion. Jerry will give you the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Explore the cliffs south from The Church of Repose in the Mountaintops of the Giants. You will come across the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone in the form of a giant skull.
- It is obtained through the gifting of Gurranq, a 9th Deathroot in the Bestial Sanctum in Caelid.
- Take down all of the night’s Cavalry chiefs at the Consecrated Snowfield.
- The location is inside the Yelough Anix Tunnel, near the Alabaster Lord boss.
- The waterfall is located near the Great Wyrm Theodoric.
- Kill the dragon that falls onto the path shortly after entering Crumbling Farum Azula.
- At the very top of the enormous staircase, just following at the top of the large staircase, just after Dragon Temple, you’ll find some rubble, which creates an archway leading to an upper ledge. There is the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone on the ledge.
- Besiege the wounded dragon who summons a storm of red within Crumbling Farum Azula.
- It’s located on a statue secured by Beastmen in Miquella’s Haligtree, located near Haligtree Town Plaza. Haligtree Town Plaza Site in Grace.
- After you have killed Loretta, knight of Haligtree After killing Loretta, Knight of Haligtree, you’ll discover a treasure chest in the vicinity where you will find the final Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
Sombre Old Dragon Smithing Stone locations
Below, we will discuss the best places to purchase all eight Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in the Elden Ring:
- I am completing Latenna the Albinauric’s challenge to get a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone as a reward.
- The wounded dragon summons the red storm and then looks behind to see a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone near.
- When you return from Crumbling Farum Azula and spawning in Lyndell, Ashen Capital, take a walk towards the dragon statue and climb up the ladder to the cave hidden by the wall. From the top, follow the path until you come to the balcony. There, you’ll discover a body within the ash dunes below. The body is home to a Somber Stone of the Ancient Dragon. Stone.
- You will be awarded the Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone after beating Anastasia three times. Anastasia attacks in the following areas: Smouldering Church (Caelid), Corpse-Stench Shack (Mt. Gelmir), as well as along the River South of Ordina, Liturgical Town (Consecrated Snowfield). Then you will receive The Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone following the Consecrated Snowfield attack.
- At the Prayer Room Site of Grace in Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree, Follow the pathways northwest. Use the inclined support beams to ascend into a tiny room with the chest. Inside, there is the Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Return towards The Prayer Room Site of Grace and walk back to the outside. Then, immediately turn left and begin ascending to the Eastern walkway. There is a dead body with a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Follow Millicent’s questline to the end and then take her needle into Melania’s battle room. After you defeat Melania and gain her trust, you’ll see a flower you can play with using Millicent’s needle for the Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone.
- Albinaurics discovered a chest in the vicinity of the lift that leads to the Mohg, the Lord of Blood boss, fight at Mohgwyn Palace.
That’s everything you need to know about Smithing Stones in Elden Ring. After upgrading your weapons, test them out on the nearest boss using our Elden Ring boss locations guide.
To make your character even more robust, look at our lists of the best armour sets and best builds in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring Smithing Stones Videos
Elden Ring Smithing Stones Also Search
|elden ring smithing stones farm|
|elden ring smithing stones 1|
|elden ring smithing stones 3|
|elden ring smithing stones 2|
|elden ring smithing stones bell bearing|
|elden ring smithing stones reddit|
|elden ring smithing stones 5|
|elden ring smithing stones location|
|elden ring smithing stones buy|
|elden ring smithing stone 8|
|elden ring smithing stone bell bearing 3|
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find stone smithing? Elden Ring?
The most reliable method to acquire a large quantity of Smithing and Somber Smithing Stones is in Elden Ring’s underground tunnels and mines. These are tiny dungeons filled with miners working away in the mines, removing precious metal. Inside there is a good amount of the things you’ll need about.
Are the smithing Stones Limited Elden Ring?
There is a small amount of permanent Smithing Stone locations in Elden Ring therefore it is crucial to obtain your Bell Bearings to the Husks promptly. After you’ve delivered the bearings, you don’t need to go around the corner to find the components you require.
Where can I find stone smithing?
Smithing Stone Locations